1. The following Terms and Conditions apply to Bidders of all Auctions held by Roma Numismatics Ltd. By making a Bid, the Bidder agrees to these Terms and Conditions and accepts to be bound by them.
2. All estimates for Lots are in pounds sterling (£). Any other currency displayed against a Lot is indicative only for the convenience of the Bidder and does not constitute an offer by Roma Numismatics Ltd to pay in any other currency.
3. The details of any Lot(s), including a description of each item is contained in the Catalogue or, in relation to Electronic Auctions on Roma Numismatics Ltd’s website.
4. All grades, descriptions and rarity information are the opinion of the cataloguer. Conditions of all Lot(s) are as they appear in the photographs displayed in the Catalogue or on the Roma Numismatics Ltd website. Condition reports are available upon request.
5. Bidders are encouraged to carefully examine in person any Lot(s) for which they intend or do Bid for as it is not possible to note all marks or defects or colours. Roma Numismatics Ltd makes no guarantee as to the physical quality or condition of any Lot(s).
6. Any prospective Bidders who exercise the opportunity to physically inspect and examine any Lot(s) in hand shall assume all responsibility and liability for any damage they cause in the course of such examination. Roma Numismatics Ltd shall have sole discretion in determining the value of any damage caused, which shall be promptly paid to Roma Numismatics Ltd by the prospective Bidder.
7. Roma Numismatics Ltd guarantees the absolute authenticity of all Lots Sold. There is no expiration to this guarantee.
8. Unless otherwise determined at the discretion of the auctioneer, opening Bids will be 60% of the estimate unless there are existing higher Bids.
9. A Bid, once placed, is final. A Bid cannot be revoked.
10. A Bid is placed:
10.1. In the case of a Printed Auction when the auctioneer acknowledges a Bid and communicates to the other Bidders participating in the Auction that the Bid price has been altered accordingly; or
10.2. In the case of an Electronic Auction, when the Bidder submits a Bid through the Roma Numismatics Ltd website for a Lot prior to the close of the Electronic Auction for that Lot; or
10.3. In the case of an Absentee (mail or other written) Bid, when a Bid is received by Roma Numismatics Ltd no later than one hour before the commencement of an Auction at which the Lot is due to be auctioned. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to ensure that Absentee Bid(s), whether submitted via the Roma Numismatics Ltd website or by other acceptable means, are accurate and placed in accordance with this sub-clause. Bids received after this point are not guaranteed to be accepted, but when accepted and executed the Bidder is subject to the same terms above.
11. If your Bid is successful You will become the Buyer of that particular Lot and be liable to pay the Hammer Price, plus those applicable charges and fees set out in the “Charges & Payment” section in these Terms and Conditions.
12. Roma Numismatics Ltd shall have absolute discretion to accept or decline any Bid, withdraw Lots from sale or re-open Bidding for any Lot at any time, whether before or after a Lot is Sold, until such time as the Buyer takes physical possession of the Lot, in circumstances which may include, but are not limited to (1) a bidding error has occurred (2) Roma Numismatics Ltd becomes aware of a dispute in relation to the Lot, Sale or Auction (3) Roma Numismatics Ltd has not received payment for the Lot.
13. For the protection of Absentee Bids, no ‘unlimited’ or ‘buy’ Bids will be accepted by Roma Numismatics Ltd.
14. When identical Bids are received for the same Lot, preference will be given to the Bid received first. Absentee Bids will take preference over a floor Bid.
15. Some Lots may carry a Reserve. Roma Numismatics Ltd reserves the right not to sell a Lot below the Reserve, or will repurchase the item on behalf of the consignor or for the account of Roma Numismatics Ltd. If a Reserve exists Roma Numismatics Ltd reserves the right to Bid on any Lot on behalf of the consignor up to the amount of the Reserve against any other Bidders.
CHARGES & PAYMENT
16. A Buyer’s Fee equivalent to 22.5% of the Hammer Price will be added to the Hammer Price and payable by the Buyer to Roma Numismatics Ltd in accordance with these Terms and Conditions:
17. VAT at the applicable rate (applicable to customers within the UK and EU) is due on the Buyer’s Fee only, not the Hammer Price. Roma Numismatics Ltd registered VAT number is 901478828.
18. A 2% surcharge of the Hammer Price will be applied to Bids submitted via post or email, rather than being placed on the Roma Numismatics Ltd website.
19. Invoices are due immediately upon receipt by the Buyer. Roma Numismatics Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on invoices that remain unpaid for 1 calendar month after the date they become due at the rate of 2% per calendar month, except where prior agreement has been made with regards to payment.
20. The Buyer is responsible for paying all bank charges and any shipping and insurance costs.
21. Invoices are sent to Buyers by email. They can also be found listed under 'Pending Invoices' in the 'My Account' section of the Roma Numismatics Ltd' website, and can be paid via the website by selecting the preferred payment option of BACS or Credit/Debit card. Cash payments are no longer accepted. Credit/Debit card payments are accepted only for invoices of £2,500 total value or less.
DELIVERY, COLLECTION & STORAGE
22. The Buyer will be required to satisfy the requirements of Roma Numismatics Ltd AML Policy before the Lot will be released. Buyers may, subject to payment of any fees or charges for delivery, either:
22.1. Collect Lots Sold to them from Roma Numismatics Ltd in person from the main office at 40 Villiers Street, London WC2N 6NJ by prior appointment, or
22.2. Arrange with Roma Numismatics Ltd to send or deliver the Lot to the Buyer’s nominated address by post, courier or such other method as agreed with Roma Numismatics Ltd.
23. Buyers shall at all times be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by Roma Numismatics Ltd associated with the Buyer’s nominated delivery method. Roma Numismatics Ltd standard delivery costs are set out in the Catalogue and on the Roma Numismatics Ltd website. Any additional costs will be as displayed in the Catalogue and /or the Roma Numismatics Ltd website.
24. Roma Numismatics Ltd shall store any Lot following Sale until shipment to the Buyer without charge.
RISK & TITLE
25. Risk in the Lot passes to the Buyer when the Buyer takes physical possession of the Lot.
26. Title remains with the owner until such time as all sums owed to Roma Numismatics Ltd, by the Buyer, have been received by Roma Numismatics Ltd as cleared funds into Roma Numismatics Ltd’s bank account.
27. Any Lot that is Sold that is subject to United States of America (US) or German import restrictions must be legally imported into the US or Germany (unless otherwise explicitly stated in the Lot description). Any such Lot will be accompanied by documentation proving that the Lot was outside of the source country prior to the Effective Date, or a valid export certificate issued by the country of origin. Any Lot subject to US or German import restrictions that may not lawfully be imported into these countries will be clearly indicated as such in the Catalogue with a notice stating ‘not suitable for US/German market’.
28. Our commitment to ethical and responsible provenance ensures that the Seller affirms each Lot is Their lawful property to sell, and where cultural property restrictions may exist, that it meets the requirements to be legally imported into the US and/or Germany.
29. Roma Numismatics Ltd will endeavour to carry out importations on behalf of the Buyer to enable shipment of that Lot to the Buyer’s nominated location but the Buyer is ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance with import regulations and procedures. However, any Buyer, whether based in the US, Germany or elsewhere, who purchases a Lot that cannot be lawfully imported into either the US or Germany, with the intention that the Lot is sent to either of those jurisdictions, shall be deemed to purchase the Lot and will be liable to pay all fees, charges and cost that become due when Knocked Down.
30. Roma Numismatics Ltd will not, and will not be compelled to, under any circumstances accept instructions from any person, make arrangements or be required to forward or send any Lot that cannot be lawfully imported to any jurisdiction to that jurisdiction.
31. Roma Numismatics Ltd undertakes to obtain export licences for those Lots that require them.
32. If a Buyer suspects a Lot is not authentic they must notify Roma Numismatics Ltd as soon as possible. Rejection by any third party grading service for any reason will not by itself constitute grounds for return of the Lot(s). The Buyer must support any claim of non-authenticity by valid technical evidence provided by at least 2 (two) separate qualified firms or individuals. A Lot may only be returned to Roma Numismatics Ltd if it is agreed to be not authentic by Roma Numismatics Ltd.
33. A Lot may be returned to Roma Numismatics Ltd within 21 (twenty one) days of the Sale Date if it is materially different from its description.
34. In circumstances where a Lot is returned by a Buyer pursuant to clause 32 or 33 and Roma Numismatics Ltd agrees to a refund, the amount to be refunded to the Buyer shall be (1) the Hammer Price (2) the Buyer’s Fee (3) the surcharge paid under clause 18 (if any). In all other cases, Roma Numismatics Ltd is not liable to refund or pay a Buyer for any fees or costs associated with returning a Lot to Roma Numismatics Ltd or the refund of any shipping charges or external or 3rd party costs.
35. All refunds will be made in Pounds Sterling unless otherwise agreed. Roma Numismatics Ltd is not liable for any exchange rate differences.
FAILURE TO PAY
36. Roma Numismatics Ltd is under no obligation to release a Lot to a Buyer until such time as the Buyer has paid Roma Numismatics Ltd. All sums that are due or which may become due as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
37. Lots will be held by Roma Numismatics Ltd for a period of 3 calendar months from the date the Lot is Knocked Down unless otherwise agreed. After 3 (three) calendar months Roma Numismatics Ltd shall be entitled to cancel the Sale and re-auction the Lot in accordance with clause 12.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
38. Roma Numismatics Ltd shall not be liable to You for any loss of profits, loss of sales or business, loss of agreement or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or damage to goodwill or indirect or consequential loss.
39. Our liability to You is capped at the amount You have paid to Us in respect of a Lot.
40. Roma Numismatics Ltd does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to You where it would be unlawful.
41. Roma Numismatics Ltd shall not be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
42. Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing, addressed to that party at its registered office (if it is a company) or such other address as that party may have specified to the other party in writing, and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, commercial courier or email.
43. A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received if delivered personally, when left at the address referred to in clause 43: if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second business day after posting; if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier's delivery receipt is signed; or, if sent by email, one business day after transmission.
44. These Terms and Conditions and any document produced by Roma Numismatics Ltd or otherwise mentioned herein constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
46. Roma Numismatics Ltd’s Anti-Money Laundering Policy (AML Policy) sets out Roma Numismatics Ltd’s policy for ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering legislation that applies to some of its activities.
47. We may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
48. No failure or delay by Roma Numismatics Ltd to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms and Conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
49. Nobody else has any rights under these Terms and Conditions.
50. If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
51. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
52. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or its subject matter or formation.
Invoice to be settled IN POUNDS STERLING immediately upon receipt unless previously agreed otherwise.
Wire transfers sent in other currencies will be subject to significant bank charges.
Invoices can found listed under 'Pending Invoices' in the 'My Account' section of the Roma Numismatics' website, and can be paid
directly through the site by selecting the preferred payment option of BACS or Credit/Debit card.
Bank Transfer: Barclays Bank, 22 The Borough, Farnham, GU9 7NH, UK | Account Name: Roma Numismatics
IBAN: GB90 BUKB 2031 0663 0101 39 | BIC: BUKB GB22 | SORT CODE: 20-31-06 | ACC #: 63010139