This is an internet and mail bid sale (CNG #) with an automated electronic close, conducted by Classical Numismatic Group, Inc. (CNG). Bidding in the auction constitutes acceptance of the following terms:
1. The property listed in this catalogue is offered for sale by CNG for itself and as agent for various owners and other consignors. We reserve the right to reject any bid, to determine the opening price, to set bidding increments, to vary the order of the auction, to reopen bidding in the case of a dispute, to withdraw any lot, to bid on behalf of CNG, to bid on behalf of the consignor, and to permit the consignor to bid on his own lots. CNG may loan or advance money to consignors or prospective bidders, and may have an interest other than commission charges in any lot. CNG may bid on its own account as an “insider” with information not available to the public.
2. Lots will be sold in the order listed in the catalogue. The first lot will close electronically at www.cngcoins.com in the morning Eastern Time on the sale date, with subsequent lots closing every 20 seconds thereafter. All written, fax, email and phone bids must be received by 5PM Eastern Time, on the day prior to the sale date. Electronic bids may be placed by approved bidders up until the closing time of each lot. The electronic clock on the website represents the official closing time for each lot. Bidders intending to bid electronically must first register at www.cngcoins.com. New website registrations are processed for approval Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM Eastern Time only. No new registrations will be approved on the sale date.
3. A 20% Buyer’s Fee will be added to the hammer price of all successful written, fax, email and phone bids. A 17.5% Buyer’s Fee will be added to the hammer price of all successful electronic bids directly placed on www.cngcoins.com.
4. All coins are guaranteed genuine. Attribution, date, condition and other descriptions are the opinion of the cataloguer, and no warranty is expressed or implied. Please note that an auction sale is not an approval sale. Lots examined prior to the sale and lots purchased by floor bidders (including bidders executing commission bids on behalf of other parties) may not be returned for any reason except lack of authenticity. All claims of misdescription and all claims of return, except claims regarding authenticity, must be made within 5 days of receipt of material. Any claim of lack of authenticity must be made in writing by the original purchaser immediately after discovery that an item is not authentic, and upon making such a claim the original purchaser must immediately return the lot to CNG in the same condition as at the time of the auction. Coins that have been encapsulated ("slabbed") by a grading and/or authentication service may not be returned for any reason, including authenticity, if they have been removed from the encapsulation ("slab"). If payment is made by credit card, rights of return are governed by these Auction Terms which supersede any rights of return promulgated by the card issuer. Estimates are intended as a guide only and not as a statement of opinion of value.
5. Invoices are due and payable immediately upon receipt. Interest and late fees of 2.0% per month, or at the highest rate permitted by law, whichever is less, from the date of the auction, shall be payable on invoices not settled within 30 days of the auction date. Payment may be made by check or bank wire. Credit cards (Visa or MasterCard) will be accepted; credit card payments will not be accepted more than 14 days after the sale date. Payment by check must be made in either US dollars ($) drawn on a US bank or British sterling (£) drawn on a British bank. All successful bidders outside North America and the United Kingdom will be charged an additional $20 fee for bank charges that are the result of international wire transfer fees; this fee will be deducted for credit card or check payment as described above. CNG may reduce or compromise any charge or fee at its discretion.
6. Bidders not known to us must provide satisfactory credit references or pay a deposit as determined at CNG's discretion before bidding. Minors are not permitted to bid without written consent of a parent guaranteeing payment. CNG may require payment in full from any bidder prior to delivery of lots. Title does not pass until lots are paid in full. Upon receipt of lots, the buyer assumes full responsibility for loss or damage. Delivery to the buyer’s address of record shall constitute receipt by the buyer regardless of the identity of the person accepting delivery.
7. Estimates are in U.S. dollars ($) and bids must be made in even dollar ($) amounts. The CNG website, www.cngcoins.com, will execute electronic bids on behalf of all electronic bidders. Subject to reserves and opening prices, all electronic bids will be executed by the electronic software at one bidding increment (approximately 10%) over the next highest bid. All written, fax, email and phone bids received before 5PM the day prior to the sale date will be uploaded to the CNG website no later than the day prior to the sale date. These bids will not be subject to the minimum required bid cited on the website at the time of the upload. Any written, fax, email and phone bids received after the deadline or with special instructions will be executed at CNG’s complete discretion and will be subject to the next bid required by the website. In the case of identical written, fax, email and phone bids, the earliest bid received wins. An electronic bid has priority over any identical written, fax, email or phone bid. Bid by lot number. No lot will be broken. Bidders are responsible for errors in bidding. Check your bids carefully. Electronic bidders may check their bids under User Services at www.cngcoins.com.
8. A word on Reserves. CNG may place a reserve on any lot. However, no reserve will be higher than the estimate, and ordinarily lots are reserved at 60% of estimate.
9. Bidders personally guarantee payment for their successful bids, including bidders executing commission bids from other parties and bidders representing corporations or other entities. Buyers accepting commission bids from other parties do so at their own risk and remain responsible for payment under these Auction Terms.
10. In the event a successful bidder fails to make full payment within 30 days of the auction date, CNG reserves the right to deem the sale incomplete and to resell the material, and the bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable cost of such a sale and also to pay any difference between the resale price and the previously successful bid. CNG reserves all rights that it is entitled to under the Pennsylvania Uniform Commercial Code, including the right to offset any sums due from a successful bidder against any future consignment or purchase or monies or goods in possession of CNG.
11. Sales tax, postage, handling and insurance are the responsibility of the buyer and are added to all invoices where appropriate. For buyers in the European Union, CNG may import lots into the United Kingdom prior to shipment and charge buyers the import Value Added Tax. On any tax not paid by the purchaser which should have been paid, even if not invoiced by CNG, the purchaser agrees to pay the same on demand together with any interest or penalty that may be assessed. It is the responsibility of the buyer to comply with foreign customs and other regulations.
12. Prices realized are published and are mailed with CNG’s next publication. Prices realized are posted at www.cngcoins.com and successful electronic bidders are notified by email after the last lot of the sale closes.
13. Bidders hereby waive any claim for incidental, consequential or exemplary damages arising from this auction. The sole remedy that any participant in the auction shall have for any claim or controversy arising out of the auction shall be a refund, without interest, of all or part of the purchase price paid by the participant.
14. All rights granted by CNG or otherwise available to bidders and purchasers, under these Auction Terms or otherwise, are personal and may not be assigned or transferred to any other person or entity, whether by operation of law or otherwise. No third party may rely on any benefit or right conferred by these Auction Terms. Bidders acting as agents must disclose the agency in writing to CNG prior to the auction; otherwise rights are limited to the agent and are not transferable to the undisclosed principal.
15. Any dispute regarding this auction shall be governed by the laws of Pennsylvania and shall be adjudicated only by the Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas or the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; all bidders submit themselves to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for this purpose, consent to service of process by registered or certified mail, and waive any contrary provisions of Articles 14 or 15 of the French Civil Code and any similar provisions in any jurisdiction. All bidders consent to the confidentiality of consignors’ identities and waive any right to require disclosure of the name of the consignor or owner of any auction lot, whether such right is based on New York GOL §5-701(a) or any other provision in any jurisdiction. In any dispute regarding this auction, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable costs and attorney fees.